Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dinotopia in China

Fantasy Art Magazine, the leading professional magazine in China for the imaginative arts, has just published a 10-page portfolio of Dinotopia artwork.

The recent book Journey to Chandara, features some of China's exciting dinosaur discoveries, such as the Microraptor from the Liaoning province, and great discoveries from the Gobi desert, such as Protoceratops and Oviraptor. The interior of of Chandara's Imperial Palace was based on the historic photographs of temple interiors by John Thomson. (1837-1921).

Dinotopia books have been released in China in three different translated editions. Happy New Year (Year of the Tiger, Feb. 14) to my friends at Fantasy Art Magazine.

4 comments:

Mark Heng said...

Speaking of dinosaurs in China, have you seen this?

Dino Color

goat89 said...

HAHA! 'grats to you being famous in China Mr Gurney! In mandarin, we say Chinese New Year to ppl through this 4 words: Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Stephen James. said...

"Terrible dragons" indeed.

狄司・卡莫里 said...

"恐龍夢幻國" is my favorite book! I got it when I was a child, I still cherish it now, really inspired me a lot, thank you,Mr. Gurney. BTW, I come from Taiwan :D